Below are the questions covered in today's episode (with their timestamps). For instructions on submitting your own questions, go to calnewport.com/podcast.
Video from today’s episode: youtube.com/calnewportmedia
DEEP WORK QUESTIONS:
- How do I “practice” my job? [12:41]
- Does software with too many features distract us? [22:12}
- How can an overloaded minister juggle the demands of people and planning? [31:24]
- Should I stop teaching my stock investing course to get better at investing at stocks? (Bonus rant: why you’re not going to beat the stock market) [43:42]
- What lessons for life can we extract from the military experience? [45:47]
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Thanks to Jesse Miller for production, Jay Kerstens for the intro music, and Mark Miles for mastering.
This episode is from Deep Questions with Cal Newport whose proprietor has full ownership and responsibility on its contents and artworks. It was shared using Castamatic, a podcast app for iPhone and iPad.