IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why are property rights an important starting point for understanding the differences between Proof of Work (PoW) and Proof of Stake (PoS)?
- Why do the rules around property rights keep breaking down throughout time?
- Explain the importance of basic computer science and how computer programs work so we can understand the differences in PoS and PoW.
- A general introduction to PoS and PoW.
- Hal Finney and Adam Back’s contributions to developing the first blockchain.
- What is Abstract Power versus Physical Power and why are they important for understanding PoS Vs PoW?
- If you were going to exploit a PoS or PoW system, how would that work?
- Creative destruction and how it applies to protocols.
- How has the faculty at MIT responds to your research?
- Jason’s thoughts on Jamie Dimon liking everything but PoW.
- Vitalik Buterin’s comments on PoS not being tethered to physical reality.
- If you had a message to policy makers, what would it be?
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
NEW TO THE SHOW?
P.S The Investor’s Podcast Network is excited to launch a subreddit devoted to our fans in discussing financial markets, stock picks, questions for our hosts, and much more! Join our subreddit r/TheInvestorsPodcast today!
- Start building a portfolio of alternative farm and timberland assets with AcreTrader.
- Invest in high-quality, cash-flowing real estate without all of the hassle with Passive Investing.
- Help protect your family’s financial future with TD Term Life Insurance.
- Help empower girls to break free through education, healthcare, child protection, and other wonderful benefits by being a World Vision child sponsor today.
- Private assets represent 98% of companies in North America but are absent in most portfolios. Reconstruct your portfolio with private markets with Mackenzie Investments.
- Build a plan that helps you strengthen your financial security with RBC Wealth Management. RBC capital markets LLC, member NYSE, FINRA, SIPC.
- Send, spend, and receive money around the world easily with Wise.
- Throw out the old traditions and get progressive. Discover the complete package – smart design, lots to love under the hood with Genesis.
- Have gold and silver shipped directly to your door for you to hold at your home. Get BullionMax’s Gold Investor Kit today – 3 ounces of the world’s most desirable gold coins, including the Gold American Eagle and Canadian Maple Leaf.
- See the potential of your business. Find solutions that work for you, that tick bigger boxes and help you grow with Square.
- Take a position daily on potential price movements, and gain exposure while limiting risk with Interactive Brokers.
- Get position and investment info for nearly 6,000 Asset Management Companies with Moomoo, Australia’s first A.I. powered trading platform. Sign up and fund your moomoo account before October 31 and get $10 for every $100 you deposit. All investment carries risk. AFSL 224 663. T&Cs apply.
- Confidently take control of your online world without worrying about viruses, phishing attacks, ransomware, hacking attempts, and other cybercrimes with Avast One.
- Enjoy a 400-calorie meal that contains 40g of expertly sourced, premium plant protein, all 26 essential vitamins and minerals, and a scientifically calibrated mix of carbs, good fats and fiber with Huel Black Edition. Plus, get a free t-shirt and free shaker with your first order.
- Start printing everything your small business needs and discover the endless printabilities with VistaPrint.
- Whether you’re exploring ways to manage volatility, seeking income and diversification opportunities, or looking for tax management strategies- Invesco has over 200 ETFs to help you meet your financial goals. Visit invesco.com for a prospectus with this information.
- If your business has five or more employees and managed to survive Covid you could be eligible to receive a payroll tax rebate of up to twenty-six thousand dollars per employee. Find out if your business qualifies with Innovation Refunds.
- If you’re aware you need to improve your bitcoin security but have been putting it off, Unchained Capital‘s Concierge Onboarding is a simple way to get started—sooner rather than later. Book your onboarding today and at checkout, get $50 off with the promo code FUNDAMENTALS.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.