Are new AI technologies like ChatGPT about to massively disrupt our world? Drawing from his recent New Yorker article on the topic, Cal explains exactly how programs like ChatGPT work, and uses this knowledge to explain why we can calm our fears about this new technology.
Below are the questions covered in today's episode (with their timestamps). Get your questions answered by Cal! Here’s the link: https://bit.ly/3U3sTvo
Video from today’s episode: youtube.com/calnewportmedia
Today’s Deep Question: How does ChatGPT work? (And should we worry about it?) [11:24]
- Is there anything AI won’t do better than humans? [57:30]
- How will AI end up disrupting knowledge work? [1:02:27]
- Should I quit web development before AI eliminates the industry? [1:07:32]
- Will AI create mass job loss in the next five years? [1:11:52]
- NPR leaves Twitter [1:21:11]
Thanks to our Sponsors:
This episode is brought to you by BetterHelp. Give online therapy a try at betterhelp.com/deepquestions
Thanks to Jesse Miller for production, Jay Kerstens for the intro music, and Mark Miles for mastering.
This episode is from Deep Questions with Cal Newport whose proprietor has full ownership and responsibility on its contents and artworks. It was shared using Castamatic, a podcast app for iPhone and iPad.