Podcast etiquette, the power of clean HTML, Hopin acquisition of Streamyard, podcasters with COVID, Apple Spotlight and subscription speculation, clarifications, updated ad insertion tools, the power of Destinations, square vs wide format podcast art, geographic and user agent stats and oh, so much more
🎤 Microphone Upgrade Webinar with Shure Microphones!
Join the Libsyn Beta Community TODAY!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email email@example.com or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 3:25 PROMO 1: The Perfect Stool
- 3:55 Rob and Elsie Convo!
- Kale is powerful!
- Copyright follow-up “2018 - 2021” or just “2021”?
- Does every Season have to start with episode 1? It depends
- Podcast etiquette question: when are you off the podcast record?
- 19:38 Making sure your HTML is clean so you don’t have any RSS feed issues! Audio feedback from Carey Green
- Hopin buying Streamyard!
- Now you can put lip stick on and grow a beard via Zoom
- Wishing good health to podcasters Greg and Jennifer Willits
- Apple has a new Spotlight section
- Speculation on Apple adding a subscription service
- How to NOT be in Google Podcasts
- 47:04 Podcast 2.0 Namespace and Podcast Index acknowledgement and update
- Our ad insertion tools now have an updated HTML 5 slot picker replacing the flash based one!
- 58:00 Awesome feedback on an easy way to grow your audience via Blogger - audio feedback from Bill
- Spotify’s investments may not be paying off
- Why did you leave us? First, a blog, then a podcast
- When should you use naked links so they show up in Apple Podcasts?
- 1:10:36 PROMO 2: Hacker Valley Studio
- Pocketcasts is for sale
- Why you should fill out your Author filed in the Apple Podcasts Podcast optimization section
- Dan Le Batard left ESPN and negotionated control of his RSS feed!
- Where do you use square artwork and where do you use the wide format?
- There is a lot, lot lot of room for growth in the podcasting space
- 1:24:20 PROMO 3: Spun Today
- 1:24:49 Stats: geographic and user agent
- Where have we been?
- Where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Ways to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.
- Download the FREE The Feed App for iOS and Android (you can send feedback straight from within the app)
- Call 412 573 1934
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use our SpeakPipe Page!