With Jesse away on vacation, Cal decides to tackle 10 questions in a row, all in one take, with no breaks, covering everything from complaints about Cal’s inaccessibility, to teaching deep work in schools, to a long pontification (read: rant) on the podcasting industry.
- Finding time to self-study (5:38)
- Why Cal is a bad correspondent (11:44)
- Can everyone become so good they can’t be ignored? (25:32)
- Should temperament affect job choice? (29:06)
- Teaching deep work in schools (33:20)
- When does Cal listen to podcasts? (37:46)
- How do I succeed in podcasting? (38:57)
- Why is Cal so contrarian? (56:22)
- How do I stay a digital minimalist after having a baby? (59:31)
- How do I teach my family and friends about the deep life? (1:02:23)
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Thanks to Jesse Miller for production, Jay Kerstens for the intro music, and Mark Miles for mastering.
This episode is from Deep Questions with Cal Newport whose proprietor has full ownership and responsibility on its contents and artworks. It was shared using Castamatic, a podcast app for iPhone and iPad.