Some important news from Amazon Music/Audible, the latest Overcast beta that’s all about privacy, Patreon becoming a unicorn, missing JRE episodes from Spotify, audio version of your episodes on YouTube, an email from Apple, why downloads are just one piece of measurement, Apple Watch no longer being counted by the AIB, our latest mean and median numbers and so much more!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email email@example.com or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 2:24 PROMO 1: Lady Mouth
- 2:58 Rob and Elsie Conversation
- Important news from Amazon
- The new Overcast beta is all about privacy and it’s glorious
- Patreon just raised 100 million in VC funding at a valuation of 1.2 Billion #unicorn
- Looks like Joe Rogan has some missing episodes in Spotify
- Wondering if your episodes publishing to YouTube is worth anything? We have answers
- 23:00 PROMO 2: My Pleasure: The Unofficial Chickfila Podcast
- Apple released search enhancements!
- A great perspective in having your download numbers go down
- What does the Intervenarte Podcast use to create their audiograms?
- What happens when your video podcasts is not encoded appropriately for Apple Podcasts
- Not adding a 301 redirect and only updating in Podcasts Connect will create issues
- Fradulent DMCA takedown notices
- 50:38 Dave Jackson on the Podtrak P4
- Private podcasting solution - Libsyn has one
- Song Exploder is also having issues with the music on their shows (follow up from last episode)
- 55:57 RSS feeds and Google Podcast, audio feedback
- Follow up on Apple Watch stats and the IAB
- 58:56 PROMO 3: The Curiosity & Consciousness
- Stats, stats, stats, mean and median numbers!
- Where have we been?
- Where are we going?
- 1:11:07 Dave Jackson’s review of the Podtrak P4! (The Feed Exclusive)
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.
- Download the FREE The Feed App for iOS and Android (you can send feedback straight from within the app)
- Call 412 573 1934
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use our SpeakPipe Page!